Sunday, May 1, 2011

Gift Certificates for 26th Birthday

1. Mac Book Air

2. Tissot Watch

3. Swanky Indian Car - Maruti SX4

4. A Grey Raymond Suit

5. An I-Phone

6. Scooba 230 - Robotic Floor Cleaner

7. Dreammate Sleep Inducer



Well if you thought this list was outrageous, extravagant, braggers parade and any of those extreme words you would know; I present herewith below what I truly need for my birthday from YOU as a birthday gift -


Being an Indian, born and brought up in a metropolitan city like Mumbai I was always spoilt compared to a major proportion of kids in India and had all the comforts of life in the 1990 – 2000 (my childhood) who wouldn’t experience due to social circumstances, lack of resource, infrastructure and buying power. I was given the best education possible and am thankful to my parents for that. I had to work for the luxuries but was paid handsomely with lovely educational gifts from parents for it.


But after 25 years I am at the point where the list above I still want to buy and would love you unconditionally ;) for gifting it to me. However the ideal birthday gift I expect from you is - Make a small donation of time and effort towards child welfare so that more children can get a better education and better upbringing like you and me. If I haven’t been very convincing with this post I would still urge you to see the following link-


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyBr_25CLFA&NR=1


See beyond the class and gender; see beyond whether the child is a Brahmin or Shudra, whether a male or female. Just make sure that you don’t see him at the nearest tea stall cleaning tables or see her on the road carrying a child begging for money.


And if you are like one of me who can’t do that because you are over-burdened with work, please skip that next couple of movies you intend to watch and make that small monetary donation of towards an organization which tends to dire and basic needs of getting children on the right path. It could be anyone you like.


Just in case you are not aware where to donate here is link -


http://www.cry.org/apps/donation.aspx


Donations start at a paltry INR 1800.00 to send a kid to school. And its entitles you to Tax exemptions too.


Incase this post has encouraged you to make a donation to any organization of your/my choice, please do wish me as “I donated, Sainath! Happy Birthday to you.”



Again I ask, what do you like on your street and neighborhood -





OR



And don’t forget to wish me a Happy Birthday on the 14th of May!

No comments: